Thursday, 28 August 2025

[Groundhopping] Pécsi MFC 3-2 Iváncsa KSE

⬛🟥 Pécsi MFC vs Iváncsa KSE
⚔️ 3-2 (2-0)
🏆 NB III Dél-Nyugat(Southwest), matchweek 5
🏟️ PMFC Stadion, Pécs, Hungary
🗓️ 2025-08-27
🕕 18:00
🎟️ 1000 HUF
👥 500

✍️ My very first match abroad! And I'm staying in Pécs for a year for my studies, and I can't wait to follow all the matches! I can already recognise the „Baszd meg mit csinálsz” (Fuck what are you doing) when the home side made a mistake or „Szép volt, gyönyörű volt” (That's beautiful, that's nice) when an opponent sliped from the crowds already, haha. 

The ultras call themselves Munkás (meaning The Worker or maybe The Industrious, both singular form), I've already seen their stickers all across the streets. They chant „Ez a Munkás, ez a Munkás” (this is the Worker) when they score. 

Overall there was quite a big and passionate crowd for a regional third division match(well this is one of Hungary's biggest and most historical cities), and I hope they can get back to the national league some day! 

Trivia: The M in PMFC stands for Mecsek, a mountain range in the north of Pécs. (But just a group of tall hills compared to Korea's grand mountain ranges!) The famous TV tower lies on the peak of Misina, you can easily get there via bus. The club song played before kickoff mentions Misina as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment